Sunday

 Today was a day of rest.  Well, maybe!  Today was a day of sitting.  That's more like it.  Rest...Not so sure.  

It was a good night of sleep for me.  Even better for Doug.  He barely  had enough time to get ready for church.  No coffee or paper for him before leaving at 10.  There was a big sigh of relief when I hear his say...I made it, when entering the car.  Sleepy head. 

                    I grew this zinnia from seed.  The yellow zinnias have done well through the heat.                                                      And then there is clover who photo bombed the picture.                                                  I see some cleome seed pods that will explode when dry planting themselves for next year.

The first sitting was at the sewing machine.  I had a yen to get the next 100 burps completed.  That's  a record for a weeks worth of sewing.  So that happened.  They were in the car along with the banners we will hang on Thursday.  Forgetting to take the first hundred burps left in the church office last Sunday, Ginny  has 200 burps to distribute to her nursing team who work with mothers and their new babies. 

Noah's pond.  The hole he dug when he was about 6 or 7 then lined and filled.  I bought three plants in June which were slow in multiplying.  They have changed their tune and now cover the pond. Soon the water will be empties and the liner placed in the garage for safe keeping until next spring.  The solar bubbler will find a safe place there as well. 

Then it was more sitting in the car and at church.  

Lunch happened in the chair with the Colts playing a squeaker of a closing on a win for the team.  Good grief.  Couldn't they decide early in the game that they could hold on to a win?  It would seem not.  But they pulled it off with in the last few seconds of the game closure.  Woo. I'm not sure that was very restful to the viewer or any team members.

The volunteer cherry tomato that appears every year winding it's way through the chair and would like to cover the patio if given a chance.  It's easy picking for supper just outside the dining room patio door.

Then it was sitting for the Fever game with a loss right after the Colts win.  Woo.  The chair got a work out. More football later in the day.  The yarn was flying through the needles when the games were at a fast pace.  

This little Painted Lady, seeing five at one time, appeared near by while I was counting caterpillars on the Rue.  The rocks are from Hunter's Point just outside of Copper Harbor.  They are all polished by Lake Superior and all red in color. It's my one request each summer.  Bring me rocks.

So with all the afternoon excitement was it a rest or maybe not depending on winners and losers. It certainly was a day of sitting. I remembered to put on my compression knee socks for the day. I could have had one fat leg.  Compression knee socks are a super solution. Valves get tired when pushing blood back to the heart.  It is what it is. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

66

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.